Friday, January 8, 2010

2 months, 23 days and counting

A good friend of mine recommended to me yesterday that I should start a blog during all my wedding planning. She told me that she only wished she'd written down certain feelings she was having or the memories she was experiencing.
Ok Krista...so here I am! :-)

Today is probably not the best day to start my wedding planning blog because:

A) I truthfully started planning this wedding about 4 months before Danny and I were engaged...last April :-) so I'm a little late to start.

B) This afternoon I experienced quite a bit of stress in trying to figure out how I am going to get the money for the rest of the things I need for the wedding.

All my life I have dreamed of a wedding that would be so special, so memorable, etc. I never went to proms or school dances...never even walked in my graduation ceremony so if I want this day....then I think that's ok.

I've had to work really hard to make it happen though. I worked last summer at a job that I really didn't like to have money for this wedding. Thank the Lord that over half of the budget has already been met....but I'm starting to get really worried and stressed about the rest.

We are 2 months and 23 days from Danny & Jenna's wedding day. Most days I feel really excited about the wedding and all the planning. How is Jenna feeling about the wedding today? Mostly....stressed.

But the point of a blog is to be kind of like a journal, right? To say how I feel and get it out there...more times than not to likely regret some or all of what I write. But here it is. I will try to stay committed and write tomorrow too.

2 comments:

  1. School dances were not all that, trust me, and the prom was only cool because I had an awesome dress and a really nice friend from out of town to take me. And as for graduation, well, a cap and gown is a far cry from wedding white.

    Even though those other things weren't as great as some people say they were, weddings really can be. (At least I've been to a couple that were really nice. I got married by a notary in my college sciences building, so I can't speak from personal experience.) With all of your planning, I'm sure this will be just as you imagine.

    As for paying for it...have you met Mr. Mastercard? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you!!! You will be surprised at how addictive this becomes:)

    ReplyDelete