Saturday, January 9, 2010

2 months, 22 days and counting

Last night mom and I went to Wal-Mart for a few little things I could cross off my wedding to- do list. We got bubbles and ribbon, toasting glasses, unity ceremony pieces, ribbon for the favor boxes, etc.

I brought in all the bags to the kitchen table and attempted to begin putting together one of the favor boxes. It was much more difficult than it looked on the box. Mom and I worked on that for about an hour and a half and might have completed about 60 or 70 boxes. It's gonna be a much bigger project than I had anticipated.

This morning I have been online and searching for bridesmaids gifts and jewelry. No luck yet. But I did order a garter...so I can cross that off my list. Actually I probably won't cross it off my list until it arrives in the mail. I'm one of those folks that cannot cross something off my list until it is completely finished!

I found Danny's wedding band online and tried to call and order it but continued to get a voicemail from the company after 3 calls. I will come back to that later.

I love my Danny...he is truly more than I deserve. I cannot believe I get to marry such a wonderful man. I love him so much!

In response to my last blog, Stacy I know you said Mr. Mastercard is an option, but really he's not. He's almost maxed out. :-( I have tried thinking of different ways to save money here lately cause I can use every penny possible. January is a tough month for school employees anyway cause they pay us before Christmas break and then not again until Jan 31st.

A while back I switched to a Slim Fast drink for lunch. (Thinking this would kill two birds with one stone) I pay $5 or so and take care of all my lunches for the week...and also might lose a couple pounds before the wedding. Not something I'm striving hard for, but if it happens, I'll take it.

And this week, I went to the nail salon and got my acrylic nails taken off. It costs so much to keep them up so I'll try to keep them off until the week before the wedding. I haven't had a pedicure in a couple months....what else can I cut out? Hmmmm....I'll be thinking about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment